Recipe by HeidiSue
This recipe is from Fairchilds a restaraunt inside the Silver Legacy Casino here in Reno. It is so easy and tastes wonderful. Use any combination of seafood you like...shrimp, scallops, crab, lobster, clams, mussels. We really like it with all crab and have used canned crab with great results. It's like a creamy stew or soup. Serve it with salad & garlic bread. Simple and elegant.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great soup for a rainy, spring day. I would make the sauce a day ahead and then add the fish. I had some sauce left over and drank it the next day. WOW was it good. Used Recipe #334528 for the cocktail sauce.
- 8 ounces butter, divided
- 6 ounces white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 ounces clam juice
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 ounces seafood cocktail sauce
- 1 lb fresh seafood
- salt and pepper
- 6 ounces heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saute pan melt 4 oz. of the butter over medium heat.
- Add white wine, paprika, celery seed, clam juice, lemon juice, worcestershire, tabasco, cocktail sauce and salt & pepper.
- If using clams or mussels add them now and cook until they open.
- Add shrimp, scallops, lobster and/or crab meat and bring to a full boil.
- Add heavy whipping cream and boil for 1 minute.
- Add last 4 oz. of butter.
- Garnish with chives.