From Self Magazine October 2011: Soybeans are the only complete vegetable protein, delivering all nine of the amino acids that help build fat-burning muscle. They say: 365 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated), 50 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (1 tsp if dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup short-grain rice (such as arborio)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 lb large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 lb sea scallops, halved if large
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1In a small pan, heat broth; turn off heat.
- 2Add saffron; let sit.
- 3In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- 4Cook onion and bell peppers, covered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, until liquid has almost completely reduced, 3 minutes.
- 6Stir in rice; cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- 7Add broth; bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- 9Add edamame, shrimp and scallops; simmer, covered, until seafood is fully cooked, about 10 minutes.
- 10Let rest 5 minutes.
- 11Garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Paella With Edamame
Serving Size: 1 (467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 1177.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 29.8 g