1/1 Photo of Seafood Paella (Avec Eric)
1 hr 20 mins
My husband and I don't have date night, we have a date every Saturday morning watching the cooking shows on PBS. One of our favorites is "Avec Eric" with Eric Ripart, chef of Le Bernardine in Manhattan. Everything he cooks looks wonderful and inviting. This dish is no exception...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g spanish chorizo, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml saffron thread
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 709.77 ml short-grain rice
- 709.77 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml green peas
- 453.59 g sea bass fillet, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 dozen cockles or 2 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 453.59 g mussels, rinsed and debearded
- 18 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 226.79 g calamari, cleaned well and cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 1 red pepper, roasted peeled and cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 1Heat a large cast iron or stainless steel paella pan (or the equivalent) over medium high heat and add the olive oil; cook chorizo to render the fat, about 5 minutes.
- 2Reduce the heat and sdd onions, garlic, saffron, and turmeric and allow the onions to sweat until softenen, but not browned, about 8 minutes.
- 3Stir in the rice to coat with oil and lightly toast, about 3 minutes.
- 4Add chicken stock and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding water if the mixture becomes dry.
- 5Stir in the peas, then nestle the bass in the rice; let cook until the fish just starts to get opaque, 5 minutes.
- 6Arrange the cockles or clams in a patter, placing the hinges down into the rice so that they open nicely; then place the mussels around in a similar manner.
- 7Turn the fish portion, then place the shrimp in a pattern as well; arrange the pepper strips like wheel spokes.
- 8Cook another 5 minutes, then turn the shrimp over; arrange the calamari all around.
- 9Once the shells are all open (discard those that fail to open), the seafood should all be opaque and cooked through; sprinkle with parsley and arrange the lemon wedges around the outer edge of the pan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Paella (Avec Eric)
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 104.6 mg
- Sodium 747.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: