Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent omelette, fun to make for a brunch. from local newspaper.
- cooking spray
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat or 1 cup real crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 6 cooked medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- Spray a non stick frypan with cooking spray.
- Sauté onions and mushrooms over medium high heat until liquid has evaporated.
- Reduce to low, stir in crab meat and sour cream until heated through (sour cream should not boil), set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper.
- Spray an 8 inch non stick frypan with cooking spray.
- Heat frypan over medium high heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture.
- As mixture sets at the edges, with a spatula, gently push cooked portions towards centre.
- When eggs are almost set on surface but still look moist, sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese over centre of omelette.
- Lower heat to medium low and place 1/3 cup crab meat mixture over half the omelette.
- Fold the omelette in half and slide onto a warm plate.
- Repeat procedures to make 3 more omelettes.
- Garnish with shrimp halves.