1/2 Photos of Seafood Newburg Casserole
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Mary K. W.'s Note:
This is a recipe I found in one of the grocery store recipes booklets. It is very rich tasting and the sherry just gives it a great accent. Since I don't have easy access to fresh seafood, I used the canned crab and it was fine. Although I haven't tried it, I would feel comfortable using scallops or any shellfish to make this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 lb fresh uncooked crabmeat or 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat, canned
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1In large bowl, combine shrimp, crabmeat and sherry. Mix gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- 2Preheat oven to 350. Spray 13 x 9 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook rice in water as directed on package.
- 3Meanwhile, melt 2 tbsp of the butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallot and mushrooms; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-low. Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter; stir until melted. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, seasoned salt and pepper to mushroom mixture; mix well. Cook until bubbly. Gradually add half-and-half and milk, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- 5Add seafood mixture and cooked rice to mushroom sauce; stir gently to mix. Pour into sprayed baking dish. In small bowl combine topping ingredients; mix well. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- 6Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and crumb topping is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Newburg Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (333 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.4
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 216.5 mg
- Sodium 1150.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: