Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Elegant! Please feel free to tweek this recipe and use your favorite seafood or use all shrimp etc.
Make and share this Seafood Newburg recipe from Food.com.
- Saute shrimp, scallops and lobster in butter.
- Add paprika.
- Move seafood to a crock pot set on low or warming dish.
- Add sherry to hot sauté pan and boil hard to de-glaze the pan.
- Add sherry and pan bits to seafood.
- In a saucepan (over medium heat) cook flour and butter and whisk until well blended and bubbly.
- Slowly whisk in milk pouring in a half cup at a time.
- Add cream slowly, whisking continuously until mixture thickens.
- About 3-5 minutes.
- (Cook longer for a thicker sauce or add water to thin it out. Use your own personal preference.) Season with salt and Cayenne pepper.
- Pour over warmed seafood and stir.
- Serve with linguini, saltine or common crackers or toast.
In my never-ending quest to make lowfat meals, I used fat-free half and half, and fake lobster chunks (made from fish). Otherwise followed the recipe exactly. It was delicious! I'm sure using the "real" ingredients would make it even more special, but this was pretty darn good in my fat-free version. I served it over rice. It was very filling. We will eat this one many times again! thanks for a great recipe!
We're seafood lovers, so as soon as I saw this recipe, I knew we would love it! DELICIOUS!! I cut it to 3 servings, using 1 small lobster. I kept the seafood warm in a 200° oven while I finished the cooking. This is VERY easy and it's just wonderful! I served it over rice, with a salad and dinner rolls. The sauce on this is YUM!! Thanks Barbara, this one is surberb!
What a wonderful way to use seafood; made this last weekend and loved every bite. Did use about 1/2 cup sherry instead of the 1/4 cup, liked the flavor better and used 2 pinches of cayenne pepper, just to give it a small kick. The recipe says is serves 6, however, with this much seafood, it would easily serve 8 and probably 10.