1/2 Photos of Seafood Newburg
Elegant! Please feel free to tweek this recipe and use your favorite seafood or use all shrimp etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (1 1/2 lb) lobsters, cooked and picked
- 12 large scallops, quartered
- 1 lb peeled and cleaned medium shrimp
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1Saute shrimp, scallops and lobster in butter.
- 2Add paprika.
- 3Move seafood to a crock pot set on low or warming dish.
- 4Add sherry to hot sauté pan and boil hard to de-glaze the pan.
- 5Add sherry and pan bits to seafood.
- 6In a saucepan (over medium heat) cook flour and butter and whisk until well blended and bubbly.
- 7Slowly whisk in milk pouring in a half cup at a time.
- 8Add cream slowly, whisking continuously until mixture thickens.
- 9About 3-5 minutes.
- 10(Cook longer for a thicker sauce or add water to thin it out. Use your own personal preference.) Season with salt and Cayenne pepper.
- 11Pour over warmed seafood and stir.
- 12Serve with linguini, saltine or common crackers or toast.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Newburg
Serving Size: 1 (606 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.4
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.4 g
- Cholesterol 650.6 mg
- Sodium 2173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 74.7 g