1/1 Photo of Seafood Newburg
Here is a Seafood Newburg recipe that I make for parties-you can just use extra lobster instead of the mixed seafood. Seafood Newburg
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, left whole (use small to med. shrimp)
- 1 lb bay scallop, thoroughly cleaned
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 lb lobster, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (do not use margarine)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 can cream of shrimp, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- to taste salt
- to taste white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash paprika
- 1Poach the seafood in water and white wine being careful not to overcook. Remove from pan and drain. Reserve a little for garnish
- 2Make sauce: Saute onions in butter making sure not to brown them-gradually add flour stirring well after each addition.
- 3Add the cream and soup. Cook until thick and creamy stirring continuously.
- 4Add Worcestershire sauce, sherry, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
- 5Keep stirring.
- 6Add all seafood except the crab meat and carefully blend into the sauce- gently stir in the crab.Serve over rice, noodles or puff pastry shells.
- 7Garnish with some cooked shrimp or lobster pieces.
- 8Sprinkle a little fresh chopped parsley over.
- 9This serves about 12 for appetizers or 6 for entree..
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Newburg
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 168.6 mg
- Sodium 577.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream of shrimp