Here is a Seafood Newburg recipe that I make for parties-you can just use extra lobster instead of the mixed seafood. Seafood Newburg
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned, left whole (use small to med. shrimp)
- 1 lb bay scallop, thoroughly cleaned
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 lb lobster, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (do not use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups light cream
- 1 can cream of shrimp, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- to taste salt
- to taste white pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash paprika
- Poach the seafood in water and white wine being careful not to overcook. Remove from pan and drain. Reserve a little for garnish
- Make sauce: Saute onions in butter making sure not to brown them-gradually add flour stirring well after each addition.
- Add the cream and soup. Cook until thick and creamy stirring continuously.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, sherry, lemon juice, salt, white pepper, nutmeg and paprika.
- Keep stirring.
- Add all seafood except the crab meat and carefully blend into the sauce- gently stir in the crab.Serve over rice, noodles or puff pastry shells.
- Garnish with some cooked shrimp or lobster pieces.
- Sprinkle a little fresh chopped parsley over.
- This serves about 12 for appetizers or 6 for entree..