Recipe by Terri Crooks
My Mom, Grandma, & family used to go to a buffet on Sunday afternoons. This is one of my favorite dishes from the buffet.
- 73.94 ml flour
- 88.74 ml butter
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 354.88 ml milk (I use 2%)
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml dry sherry
- 0.25 ml cayenne, to taste (optional)
- 226.79 g package frozen asparagus (optional)
- 340.19 g cooked lobster meat (Cut into large bite size pieces.) or 340.19 g shrimp (Cut into large bite size pieces.)
- 283.49 g sharp cheddar cheese (Shredded, Cracker Barrel is the best!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium size sauce pan, melt butter.
- Combine flour and dry mustard.
- Add to butter stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- Move pan off heat and slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- Return to med high heat, & stir constantly until sauce comes to boil. Boil for 1 to 3 minutes till thickened.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce, & Dry Sherry stir until well mixed.
- Add Asparagus, Shrimp and/or Lobster, and shredded cheese.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve on toast.