Terri Crooks's Note:
My Mom, Grandma, & family used to go to a buffet on Sunday afternoons. This is one of my favorite dishes from the buffet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 dash cayenne, to taste (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen asparagus (optional)
- 12 ounces cooked lobster meat (Cut into large bite size pieces.) or 12 ounces shrimp (Cut into large bite size pieces.)
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (Shredded, Cracker Barrel is the best!)
- 1In medium size sauce pan, melt butter.
- 2Combine flour and dry mustard.
- 3Add to butter stirring constantly until smooth and bubbly.
- 4Move pan off heat and slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
- 5Return to med high heat, & stir constantly until sauce comes to boil. Boil for 1 to 3 minutes till thickened.
- 6Add Worcestershire Sauce, & Dry Sherry stir until well mixed.
- 7Add Asparagus, Shrimp and/or Lobster, and shredded cheese.
- 8Heat until cheese is melted.
- 9Serve on toast.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Newburg
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.3
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.2 mg
- Sodium 609.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 25.8 g