Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another recipe that I learned in one of my Home Economics classes back in High School. I still enjoy this as a treat served over puff pastry or over rice.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup fresh shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom soup, Undiluted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) can crabmeat, Drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, Drained and Flaked with a Fork
- Melt Butter in a saucepan; add flour and stir.
- Slowly add milk and salt, blend until smooth; cook until thick and bubbly.
- In a frying pan sauté the onion and shrimp in 2 Tbsp Oil until shrimp is opaque.
- Add the sautéed mixture to the white sauce.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the white sauce and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
- Note: For special occasions this can be served over puff pastry.