Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm not a huge fan of seafood nachos, however these are good!
- 2 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 2 1⁄2 ounces flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lobster base
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces tiny cooked shrimp, peeled
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces tortilla chips, restaurant style
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- Whisk in butter, making a roux.
- Dissolve lobster base, garlic salt and Tabasco sauce in water, whisking into roux, stirring constantly until sauce becomes thick.
- Stir in American cheese until completely melted.
- Stir in heavy cream and sour cream until well blended.
- To assemble:.
- Arrange tortilla chips onto 2-3 oven safe plates.
- Take 1 and 1/2 cups of the nacho cheese base and pour into a microwave safe bowl.
- Add the shrimp, imitation crab and chilies, stirring well.
- Microwave on high for about 30 seconds if mixture is not hot.
- Pour evenly over plates of tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle on cheeses and green onions.
- Place in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Serves 2-3.
- Reserve remaining nacho sauce base in fridge for another batch.