I'm not a huge fan of seafood nachos, however these are good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 ounces butter
- 2 1/2 ounces flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lobster base
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 cup American cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces tiny cooked shrimp, peeled
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons diced jalapenos
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10 ounces tortilla chips, restaurant style
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat melt butter.
- 3Whisk in butter, making a roux.
- 4Dissolve lobster base, garlic salt and Tabasco sauce in water, whisking into roux, stirring constantly until sauce becomes thick.
- 5Stir in American cheese until completely melted.
- 6Stir in heavy cream and sour cream until well blended.
- 7To assemble:.
- 8Arrange tortilla chips onto 2-3 oven safe plates.
- 9Take 1 and 1/2 cups of the nacho cheese base and pour into a microwave safe bowl.
- 10Add the shrimp, imitation crab and chilies, stirring well.
- 11Microwave on high for about 30 seconds if mixture is not hot.
- 12Pour evenly over plates of tortilla chips.
- 13Sprinkle on cheeses and green onions.
- 14Place in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and melted.
- 15Serves 2-3.
- 16Reserve remaining nacho sauce base in fridge for another batch.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Nachos-Like Chi-Chi's
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2340.0
- Calories from Fat 1476
- Total Fat 164.0 g
- Saturated Fat 83.7 g
- Cholesterol 613.5 mg
- Sodium 2880.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 149.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 76.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: