Recipe by ozzygirl
A very moreish mornay! This is a great filler for crepes. Just add cheese on top of the crepes and bake in the oven. It is also great to have on top of rice. Easy to make and not too time consuming. Hope you enjoy it.
- 1 white fish fillet (cut into cubes)
- 250 g uncooked peeled prawns
- 8 scallops
- 1 bunch shallot (chopped)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 -5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak (or defrost) the scallops in the milk for an hour. Then remove scallops from the milk and save the milk for your mornay.
- Chop up the fish, prawn flesh, scallops and shallots.
- Using oil pan fry the fish, remove and set aside, the prawns, remove and set aside, the scallops, remove and set aside and the shallots.
- In a separate pan, to make the mornay sauce, add butter and melt, stir in about 4-5 tablespoons of flour and mix into a paste. Slowly add the milk mixing as you go.
- Continue to stir until heating towards a boil and start adding the cheese to thicken.
- Add white wine, continue stirring and add the shallots and the cooked seafood. Stir through to blend the flavours.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve over cooked steamed rice.