1/1 Photo of Seafood Mornay - Good Crepe Filler
A very moreish mornay! This is a great filler for crepes. Just add cheese on top of the crepes and bake in the oven. It is also great to have on top of rice. Easy to make and not too time consuming. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak (or defrost) the scallops in the milk for an hour. Then remove scallops from the milk and save the milk for your mornay.
- 2Chop up the fish, prawn flesh, scallops and shallots.
- 3Using oil pan fry the fish, remove and set aside, the prawns, remove and set aside, the scallops, remove and set aside and the shallots.
- 4In a separate pan, to make the mornay sauce, add butter and melt, stir in about 4-5 tablespoons of flour and mix into a paste. Slowly add the milk mixing as you go.
- 5Continue to stir until heating towards a boil and start adding the cheese to thicken.
- 6Add white wine, continue stirring and add the shallots and the cooked seafood. Stir through to blend the flavours.
- 7Add salt & pepper to taste.
- 8Serve over cooked steamed rice.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Mornay - Good Crepe Filler
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.6 mg
- Sodium 544.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 21.8 g