Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Chopped tomatoes, avocado and seafood are layered in a martini glass, then topped with a gazpacho-style sauce. Recipe comes from Corbin's Grille, courtesy of Bon Appetit. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup canned crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1⁄4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup plum, tomatoes cut into 1/4 inch cubes (about 3 large tomatoes)
- 1 cup avocado, peeled and pitted, cut into 1/3 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lump crabmeat, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (5 to 6 oz.)
- 16 cooked peeled deveined medium shrimp
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lobster meat (5 to 6 oz., cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- lime wedge
- fresh cilantro, sprigs
- Gazpacho Sauce:.
- In a medium size bowl stir together clam juice, cilantro, tomatoes with puree, vinegar, lime juice, horseradish, hot pepper sauce and garlic. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. Can be made 24 hours in advance. Keep refrigerated.
- To assemble:.
- Divide tomatoes, then avocado among 4 large martini glasses or deep goblets.
- Top with crab, dividing equally.
- Pour about 1/4 cup gazpacho sauce over crab in each glass.
- Divide shrimp, then lobster among glasses.
- Divide remaining sauce among glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro sprigs and serve.
We made this for a Christmas dinner party for six and it was the hit of the night. Everyone wanted the recipe. While not inexpensive, it is a repeater for any very "special occasion" dinner. It is SO easy, really nothing more than assembling, and I made the gazpacho sauce the night before. Very fresh, and I can't wait to make it in the summer with tomatoes from the garden.