Recipe by Paris D
This is modified from a recipe I found online. You can use whatever mix of seafood you like, but I like the mix below, so that's what I used here. Also, the original recipe called for 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce, but we don't care for it so we omitted it, but feel free to add it to yours!
- 226.79 g swordfish (or other very firm fish)
- 113.39 g shrimp
- 226.79 g sea scallops
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 236.59 ml snow peas
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml canola oil
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chili pepper
- 14.79 ml rice vinegar
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml Splenda brown sugar blend (or use regular brown sugar)
- 118.29 ml cilantro
- 14.79 ml ginger, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all stir fry SAUCE ingredients together in a blender or food processor. Process or blend until smooth. Taste-test the stir fry sauce for sweetness - you want a balance of flavors: tangy, but definitely more sweet than sour. If needed, add 1 teaspoons to 1 tablespoons additional sugar. (Note: the sweetness of the sauce will depend on how sweet your mangos are.).
- Prepare all other ingredients for stir-frying, and place next to the stove. If using fillets of fish, gently cut them into cubes. For shrimp, be sure to remove the shells. If you are using clams and/or mussels, rinse with cold water, removing any surface debris.
- Pour 1 tablespoons canola oil into a wok or large frying pan and place over medium-heat heat. Add the garlic, onion, and snow peas. If using clams, add them now as well (Note: clams require a longer cooking time than mussels). Stir-fry 1-2 minutes, or until snow peas turn bright green. Add up to 1/3 of the stir-fry sauce when your wok or frying pan becomes dry.
- Add the rest of the stir-fry sauce, plus the red pepper and seafood. Stir-fry gently, so that you don't break any shells. Also, if using fish fillets, these require extra gentleness, or they will break apart.
- Stir-fry 5-7 minutes, or until all the seafood is cooked (mussels and/or clams should open after 7 minutes - if not, discard).
- A minute or two just before serving, add the mango pieces (these just need warming).
- Serve hot from the wok with rice or cooked barley on the side. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and decorate with lime wedges, if desired.