Recipe by Stella Mae
The small amount of crab meat (canned tuna or other cooked fish, if you prefer) and a tiny bit of vinegar give this salad its oomph. It's a forgiving recipe that you can judge for yourself how much of each ingredient you'd like. It keeps well covered in the fridge.
- elbo roni macaroni or other pastas
- onion, finely minced
- crabmeat, fresh (if canned, pick out the cartilege)
- salad dressing (NOT mayonnaise!)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta and drain, set aside.
- Into a large bowl, place the onion and crab meat.
- Mix ingredients well with salad dressing.
- Add a tiny amount of vinegar for that extra oomph -- Be careful not to overdo this step -- The vinegar is to add a slight tang to the salad and should not overpower any of the other ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate.