Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is simple, but very tasty -- and a seafood salad is always popular!
Make and share this Seafood Macaroni Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups dry macaroni, cooked (I use the small seashells, but elbow macaroni can also be used)
- 3 cups cooked baby shrimp (, the wee ones; substitute crab if you wish)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bermuda onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 radishes, unpeeled and thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Mix cooked macaroni, shrimp, onion, celery, green pepper, and radishes together in a salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise with the horseradish and lemon juice, then add spices to taste.
- Fold into salad and chill well before serving.
I added red wine vinegar, stuffed green olives, a touch of garlic powder and a fistful of curry powder. Good stuff.
Delicious - this reminded me of a salad my Mom used to make. I used Miracle Whip becuase we like it better for salads. Love the kick the horseradish gives it. This is a great summer salad to enjoy in the heat.
Very good! Nice clean taste. I used both shrimp and imitation crab. I printed it out to place in my cookbook. Will certainly make this again. Thank you.