Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This has to be by far my favorite hot pasta dish! One of our local chef's gave this recipe to me. You have to try it!
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) canchopped clams, drained
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 ounces baby shrimp, thawed
- 6 ounces crabmeat (imitation is fine)
- 1 lb large shrimp, deveined and thawed
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions and set aside.
- Place clams in dutch oven. Add olive oil and wine. On medium heat simmer clams 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, chicken base, lemon juice, heavy cream, butter and basil. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- On low heat, slowly stir in parmesan cheese. Cook until thickened,stirring frequently, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in baby shrimp, crab meat and large shrimp. Heat for about 6-7 minutes.
- Serve over hot linguini noodles. Garnish with fresh ground black pepper and shredded parmesan cheese. Excellent with breadsticks and a salad.
this should have been a great dish, but it was not. the istructions called for butter, no amout was given, i had to guess. i think the first step was meant for clams in shells, not canned clams. i think if the amount of butter was given, step 1 eliminated, stating with a simple roux of butter & flour, then add wine, cream & seasons, simmer, add cheese, simmer, add meats, that might make for a smooth sauce. all i got was a lumpy mess. good flavor, but not any qaulity to the sauce.might make again, starting w/ a simple roux and going from there.