1/2 Photos of Seafood Linguini With White Wine Sauce
Kozmic Blues's Note:
We were craving shrimp and white wine sauce on night, and this is what I came up with. Bay scallops were on sale at the store, so I threw those in too. Please feel free to use any white wine you like. I happened to have a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc on hand, and it worked just fine. As a matter of fact, it tasted amazing. Note on the sea salt: I have some Tuscan flavored sea salt which is what I used for seasoning. If you don't have a flavored salt, please feel free to add some dried spices to taste such as dried Italian spice or a little rosemary. This also tastes great reheated the next day after the pasta absorbs more of the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb bay scallop
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups white wine (sauvignon blanc)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- sea salt (Tuscan Seasoned)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 1Cook linguini according to package directions.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- 3Add garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for a couple minutes until fragrant.
- 4Melt a couple tablespoons of the butter into the olive oil and garlic, and add the shrimp.
- 5Add the white wine and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and simmer for another 3-5 minutes until wine reduces.
- 7Add scallops, remaining 1 tbsp of butter and lemon zest.
- 8Cook sea scallops for another couple minutes until just warmed through.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 10When pasta is cooked , drain and add to a large serving bowl.
- 11Top linguini with the seafood an white wine and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- 12I like to let the pasta sit for a bit covered in foil to absorb some of the sauce before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Linguini With White Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 815.3
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 275.5 mg
- Sodium 1384.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 48.1 g