Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
My Pop is a great cook and I'm not talking hot dogs and beans! Here is one of his "typical" dinners! Mom, you're a lucky woman!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
A very rich, yummy lunch. I was a bit surprised by the liquidity of the dish at the end (my noodles were swimming in the butter/oil/juice blend). I thought the lemon was perfect, giving it a nice fresh zip without being overpowering. I also thought the amount of garlic was perfect. I could not really taste the sundried tomatoes or parsley in the dish, even though I followed the recipe exactly. These might need to be increased for future reviewers. Thanks for posting.
- 1 lb linguine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, rind of, cut into very thin strips
- crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, add olive oil and butter; heat until butter melted.
- Add garlic and sautee until tender.
- Add seafood and cook until shrimp is pink, about 10 minutes.
- Add clam juice; pinch of salt and red pepper to taste; cook for 3 minutes more.
- In large bowl, place cooked, drained pasta; add sundried tomatoes, parsley and lemon peel; toss throughly.
- Pour seafood mixture on top and toss once again.
- Serve immediately.