Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is quick and simple. It uses imitation crab so its hassle free.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagelouis kemp imitation crabmeat or 1 (8 ounce) package imitation lobster meat
- 6 -8 ounces linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese or 1⁄2 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄2 cup romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sauté garlic and oregano in butter, stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Add tomato and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, until cheese is melted.
- Place hot pasta on serving plate and top with sauce.
Frankly, I see nothing wrong with imitation crab!! The cost is certainly more managable than the "real" crab and the taste is fine for me. This recipe used it in fine form. Easy recipe to do and it tasted great!! I used low fat cream to help lower the fat content. I used swiss cheese but want to try blue cheese next time. Thanks Familian for a terrific recipe.
I enjoyed the recipe, since I am the only seafood eater in my house, it was very easy to prepare, and I have plenty of left over for next day lunch.
This was a good dish. I used shrimp and swiss cheese. Next time I will try blue cheese; the swiss did not melt well.