Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, Grated
- 3⁄4 lb provolone cheese, shredded
- 6 eggs
- 24 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 lb lasagna noodle, cooked
- 24 large shrimp, cut lengthwise, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over
- 2 lbs sea scallops, large dice
- 9 slices provolone cheese (thin slices)
Brandied-Basil Cream Sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup cognac or 1⁄2 cup brandy
- 12 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup shrimp stock
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- This recipe should make 3 layers.
- In a bowl, mix together ricotta, Parmesan, shredded provolone, eggs, basil and black pepper.
- Add a layer of noodles.
- Spread a thin layer of cheese mixture to cover noodle layer and top with a layer of shrimp, crabmeat and scallops.
- Repeat steps again, ending with a layer of noodles until you have completed the process 3 times.
- Arrange provolone cheese slices on top of lasagna.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.
- To serve, cut into portions and place lasagna on a plate. Generously spoon Brandied-Basil Cream Sauce over the top and garnish with fresh basil.
- Brandied-Basil Cream Sauce: Bring heavy cream, cognac, basil leaves and stock to a boil.
- Reduce mixture to preferred consistency.
- Add Parmesan cheese, stirring to melt, and remove from the heat.
- Use shrimp base to make the shrimp stock or make your own shrimp stock by boiling together and reducing by 2/3 the following ingredients: shells from 5 pounds of shrimp, 1 peeled Bermuda onion studded with 8 whole cloves, 3 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns, and 5 quarts of water.
We were looking for a recipe for Christmas Eve that included a blend of our favorite seafood. We found this and tried it out. it was sooooo good and easy!! It was so good we even enjoyed it without the sauce. It is so good it would go well with any sauce. We are looking forward to making it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!