Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Creamy bechamel sauce and succulent shrimp, oysters and crab combine in a lasagna that's fit for company fare! Originally from a 1982 Houston Home and Garden featuring an all-seafood Italian feast for Christmas Eve.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup hot milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 10 ounces shucked oysters or 10 ounces clams
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- Cook lasagna according to package directions; drain and place in ice water, set aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese, parsley, salt, pepper, Tabasco and eggs; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, make a light-colored roux with the flour and butter.
- Add hot milk and half and half.
- Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Pat lasagna noodles with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Cover the bottom of the casserole dish with a layer of the lasagna noodles, overlapping noodles and spread with 1/3 of ricotta mixture.
- Add 1/3 of the grated Parmesan and mozzarella.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of shrimp, oysters and crab on top of that.
- Cover with 1/3 of white sauce.
- Repeat process, ending with a layer of noodles, sauce, seafood and cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 40 minutes, or until bubbly hot.
- Remove foil for the last 10 minutes to lightly brown the top layer of cheese.