Recipe by msjill111
This recipe is so rich and creamy. The alfredo sauce in it is the best and makes this dish. Every time my grandson comes to stay he calls ahead of time and asks me to make this-I actually have a cousin that offers to pay me to make it LOL. Thanks to Elana Hansen from New Mexico.
Top Review by cindymcleod62
I made this for my family for Valentine's day dinner. I sampled it a few minutes ago, and I have to say this is by far the best Seafood Lasagna I have ever had! I did add a splash or 2 of white wine to the clam juice before adding it, and also used real lump crabmeat instead of the imitation. I don't care for bay scallops so I used sea scallops and just cut them into small pieces to spread throughout the lasagna. What amazing flavors! This is an OUTSTANDING dish and one my family will enjoy for years to come! I can't wait to see their faces when I serve this up!
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1 lb uncooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined (I use frozen but make sure it's thawed before using)
- 1 (8 ounce) package imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, cheese-not pre shredded-get the hard block and shred it yourself
- 9 lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and 2 tablespoons butter until tender.
- Stir in broth and clam juice, bring to a boil.
- Add scallops, shrimp, crab and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Return to a boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 4-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are firm and opaque, stirring gently.
- Drain, reserving cooking liquid.
- Set seafood mixture aside.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt the remaining butter, stir in flour until smooth.
- Combine milk and reserved cooking liquid,gradually add to the saucepan.
- Add salt and remaining pepper.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or unti thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in cream and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese.
- Stir 3/4 cup of the white sauce into the seafood mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup white sauce in a greased 13x9 baking dish. Top with three noodles, spread with half of the seafood mixture and 1 1/4 cups sauce. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles, sauce and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.