Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 15 lasagna noodles, UNCOOKED
- 1 cup cottage cheese (small Curd)
- 2⁄3 cup shrimp, cut bite size, Cooked
- 2⁄3 cup bay scallop, Cooked (bite size)
- 2⁄3 cup crabmeat, cut bite size
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over low heat until melted.
- Add garlic.
- Stir in flour and salt. Cook,stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Remove from heat. Stir in milk, broth and white wine. Return to stove and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute. Add mozzarella cheese,onions, basil and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
- Spread about 1 1/2 cups of the sauce in an ungreased 9X13 pan.
- Top with UNCOOKED lasagna noodles, overlapping as needed.
- Spread the cottage cheese over the noodles.
- Spread with another 1 1/2 cups of sauce and then top with another 5 lasagna noodles.
- Spread seafood over this layer and top with another 1 1/2 cups of sauce. Cover with the last 5 lasagna noodles and top with all of the remaining sauce. If desired, top with 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350~F for 35 - 45 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Hope you love this as much as we do!!!
Unlike the review above, the recipe is written as it should be cooked. UNCOOKED NOODLES. Keep the liquids the same. Although, substitute the white wine with dry cooking sherry. Use 2 6oz cans of lump crab meat and 1 pound of shrimp.(measured uncooked and unpeeled). Directly above the cottage cheese add 1 1/2 cups of frozen chopped spinach. Add 1 cup of mozz. cheese and a sprinkle of parm. cheese to the top. 45 min. 6 star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Made this for company and it was a big hit. Note: I COOKED the lasagna noodles al dente, added a sprinkling of grated mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on the top to give it a nice golden crust. The sauce was a little too runny. Next time, I will use a little less milk in the sauce. The sauce was kind of messy - I got it all over the kitchen! - but boy was it delicious.
Wonderful!!! Just wonderful!! This was a huge hit w/ my seafood loving family! It took more than 10 min prep (at least for me), but it was still very simple and so worth it! It probably only took longer for me b/c I had to cook the scallops and shrimp first. I'd been nervous about the no cook noodles, as I've always cooked my lasagna noodles - but it worked out just fine - the noodles were perfect... so if you're nervous, like I was, about this, just trust... I did use some that stated "no boil" on the box. Couldn't tell a difference b/t them and the ones I'd usually use/boil. I did just a few alterations: 1) I added just a bit of lemon juice to the butter in the initial stages of the white sauce. 2) I used half and half instead of milk, b/c I had some I needed to use up. 3) I added about 2 handfuls of fresh spinach to the sauce - I used the food processor to chop up the basil and spinach together 4) I threw in some sweet red pepper, to add a bit of color. 5) I split the cottage cheese and the seafood into two middle layers... used the same amounts, but just did two layers the same, so it was: pan, sauce, noodles, cottage cheese, seafood, sauce, then noodles, cottage cheese, seafood, sauce again, then noodles, sauce and finish. I guess that means I had a few extra noodles in there, but it was still just one box of noodles. 6) I topped it w/ parm cheese and two smallish diced tomatoes to add color. When done, I added more cut up basil to the top. This was truly extraordinary. I served it w/ fresh, home made dinner rolls and sugar snap peas sauteed w/ julienne cut carrots and a sweet orange pepper - this added nice color to the plate. Highly recommended!!