Recipe by BlondieItaliana
Great for a change for Sunday Dinner, or a luncheon, or even a dinner party... The white wine sauce can be made with chicken boullion or white grape vinegar if alcohol-free version is desired.
- 8 lasagna noodles (I use the no-boil or ready to bake version)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese, creamed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat
- 1 lb shrimp (cooked baby shrimp or salad shrimp)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (I use fresh mushrooms only)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese, egg, basil, and salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine soup, milk, and wine. Stir in crab, shrimp, and mushrooms.
- Place 4 noodles in the bottom of a well oiled 9x13 inch pan. Spread 1/2 cheese mixture over the noodles, and spoon 1/2 soup mixture over cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Top with cheddar & parmesan cheese. Brown lasagna under broiler. Remove from oven, and let stand 15 minutes before serving.