Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is elegant, with a mild taste. Perfect for a classy dinner party. Serve with a glass of wine, and a spinach salad.
- 12 ounces dry lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into small pieces
- 3 cups white sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp or 1 1⁄2 lbs crab or 1 1⁄2 lbs imitation crabmeat or 1 1⁄2 lbs mussels or 1 1⁄2 lbs oysters or 1 1⁄2 lbs squid (Basically, your choice)
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese or 2 cups low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- Put 1 cup of the white sauce in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Put down one layer of lasagna noodles.
- Mix the egg, mozzarella, cottage cheese, basil, and 1/2 cup of the parmesan.
- Put 1/3 of the mix over the noodles.
- Add 1/3 of the seafood mix.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce over seafood.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Sprinkle remaining parmesan on top.
- Cover with foil; bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- for homemade white sauce: Melt 4 tablespoons margarine or butter; stir in 4 tbsp flour.
- Cook until blended.
- Stir in 3 cups milk, stirring until smooth and thick.
- Or, use purchased white sauce.
Wildheart, happy to be your first reviewer. I tried this yesterday and it was AMAZING! I got a bargain on imitation crab and so picked decided to pick up all the other ingredients. I put it together in no time and WOW ... what a LOT it yields!! I didn't use the parmesan, but instead i had 10 oz frozen creamed spinach which i cooked in the micro and added to the cheese mixture. I have frozen 3 containers of the baked seafood lasagna for later. It took almost at hour for the lasagna noodles to be properly cooked and for the top to be golden brown. I am sure i will make it again. I am now eager to see all your recipes.. Good job .. thanks for sharing.