Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Coastal Living, July 2011.
Make and share this Seafood Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 12 skewers (wooden or metal)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 large sea scallops
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails intact
- 12 ounces red snapper, cut into pieces (or other firm-fleshed fish)
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 sweet onion, cut into pieces
- Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper) in a bowl; set aside.
- Thread seafood, sausage, bell peppers, and onion on skewers; place in a shallow roasting pan. Pour half of the orange juice mixture over the skewers, and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Grill kebabs, turning and basting with remaining orange juice mixture, 12 minutes or until done.