Recipe by Ragin Cajun, Zack
I learned this recipe from a restaurant in a town named Opelousas, lots of paprika are called for here, I recommend starting small, then adding more. There are no tomatoes in this recipe, so it is faster than normal jambalaya.
Top Review by AllergyGirl
This was so delicious! We'll definitely be making it again. We didn't have crawfish in our area, so we used lobster instead, which made it pricey. I think if we made it again we would just make it with more shrimp instead.
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 1 diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup paprika (add gradually)
- 3 -6 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1 lb crawfish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1⁄2 lb andouille sausages or 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage
- 3 cups cooked rice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and olive oil, add onions and peppers and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add sausage or andouille and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add paprika and garlic.
- Add shrimp, cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add crawfish, cook for 2-3 minutes, if not dark enough add more paprika.
- Add rice & season to taste.