Recipe by Brooklyn's Culinary Diva
I was doing a project on cajun and creole food, so I invested in some help from Susan Merrick who owns and operates cajun-country-foods.com. She helped me out with these recipes!! So I want to thank her!
- 1 lb shrimp or 1 lb crawfish
- 1 3⁄4 cups uncooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes (or tony's etouffe sauce)
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) bagfrozen seasoning, blend (or 1 1/2 cup onion, bell pepper and celery)
- salt and pepper or tony's seasoning, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all these ingredients into an electric rice cooker.
- Let cook. You can stir once the pot chimes. Cover and let it steam.
- These ingredients can also be cooked on the stove, using low heat. Combine, lower heat and cover pot.
- Stir after about 30 minutes. Cover and let it steam, using low heat.