1/2 Photos of Seafood in My Heart (Stuffed Beef/Venison Heart)
100 hrs 25 mins
You can substitute a venison heart as well. The heart is stuffed with a delicious seafood stuffing. It has the texture of a very tender liver but not the harsh liver taste. Very good and tender. Be sure to trim all the fat and all of the membrane that covers the inside and outside of the heart. This will leave you with just lean tender muscle. I have also cheated and just bought a pound of pre-made crab stuffing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325F Degrees.
- 2Wash heart and trim fat. Use a fillet knife to remove all of the membrane on the inside and outside of the heart.
- 3Create a pocket in the thicker portions of the heart and sprinkle inside with salt and pepper.
- 4Mix mayonnaise, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, A-1, 2 tsp beef broth, salt, pepper and a dash of the Tabasco sauce into a smooth sauce using a blender.
- 5Place crabmeat and shrimp in a bowl with enough sauce that the crabmeat and shrimp bind together.
- 6Stuff inside the pockets of the thick pieces of heart. If there are any thin pieces place the stuffing in the center of the meat and roll it into a ball.
- 7Close the pockets with toothpicks.
- 8Place in small roasting pan, cover with broth and add bay leaf.
- 9Cover and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Beef Organ Meats Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood in My Heart (Stuffed Beef/Venison Heart)
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 624.8
- Calories from Fat 389
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 286.0 mg
- Sodium 1635.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 29.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: