Recipe by David04
You can substitute a venison heart as well. The heart is stuffed with a delicious seafood stuffing. It has the texture of a very tender liver but not the harsh liver taste. Very good and tender. Be sure to trim all the fat and all of the membrane that covers the inside and outside of the heart. This will leave you with just lean tender muscle. I have also cheated and just bought a pound of pre-made crab stuffing.
- 1 venison heart, beef heart is good too
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, picked for shells
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth, separate 2 tsp for the stuffing
- salt and pepper and Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325F Degrees.
- Wash heart and trim fat. Use a fillet knife to remove all of the membrane on the inside and outside of the heart.
- Create a pocket in the thicker portions of the heart and sprinkle inside with salt and pepper.
- Mix mayonnaise, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, A-1, 2 tsp beef broth, salt, pepper and a dash of the Tabasco sauce into a smooth sauce using a blender.
- Place crabmeat and shrimp in a bowl with enough sauce that the crabmeat and shrimp bind together.
- Stuff inside the pockets of the thick pieces of heart. If there are any thin pieces place the stuffing in the center of the meat and roll it into a ball.
- Close the pockets with toothpicks.
- Place in small roasting pan, cover with broth and add bay leaf.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.