Recipe by bunkie68
This recipe came from my father-in-law - he's a wonderful cook, and this recipe is no exception!
- seasoning, mix (onion, celery, red/green/yellow bell pepper - diced, as much as you like, but go easy, too much will)
- 1 jar pimiento
- 1 lb shrimp (can use canned, frozen or fresh - peel fresh if using)
- 1 lb bay scallop (the small ones)
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning, to taste
- parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute seasoning mix in a little good olive oil until clear.
- Add shrimp, saute 5 minutes; add scallops, saute 2 minutes.
- Add mayo, mustard, and Tony's to taste; simmer about 5 minutes (may be a little liquid).
- Beat egg; add a little liquid from pot to egg, stir well and add mixture to seafood.
- Add about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup half and half.
- Mixture may be a little soupy; add just enough bread crumbs to tighten it up.
- Add crabmeat and about 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley; gently stir as to not break up crabmeat.
- Serve in puff pastry shells baked according to package directions.