Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
A friend of ours who worked at a local authentic Thai restaurant and learned all of their secret recipes generously offered a Thai cooking class for a small group of friends and this was one of the dishes that he taught us that day. Please visit my blog post for more tips for this recipe: http://www.innerharmonynutrition.com/hot-pepper-stir-fry/
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, cut into chunks
- 1-4 fresh thai hot chili pepper, seeds removed
- 59.16 ml fish sauce
- 44.37-59.16 ml sugar (I used organic whole cane sugar called Rapadula)
- oil, for sauteing
- 340.19 g squid, sliced
- 340.19 g shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 leaf Chinese cabbage, roughly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeds and ribs removed, sliced
- 354.88 ml bean sprouts
- 354.88 ml scallions, cut in 2-inch slices
- 25-30 Thai basil
- In a blender or food processor, blend red bell pepper chunks and hot chili peppers until it resembles wet relish (1 pepper = mild, 2 – 3 peppers = medium, 4 or more peppers = hot). Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix fish sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large sauté pan and sauté seafood. Drain and set aside. Wipe the pan.
- Heat oil in the same pan and sauté Chinese cabbage, carrot and peppers until they are tender but still crisp.
- Add the chili pepper mixture and fish sauce mixture.
- Add bean sprouts and scallions, return the seafood to the pan, and sauté a little bit longer.
- Turn off the heat. Add basil leaves and stir.
- Infuse love and serve!