1/1 Photo of Seafood Hot Pepper Stir Fry With Thai Basil (Pudt Prig)
1 hr 15 mins
A friend of ours who worked at a local authentic Thai restaurant and learned all of their secret recipes generously offered a Thai cooking class for a small group of friends and this was one of the dishes that he taught us that day. Please visit my blog post for more tips for this recipe: http://www.innerharmonynutrition.com/hot-pepper-stir-fry/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed, cut into chunks
- 1 -4 fresh thai hot chili pepper, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar (I used organic whole cane sugar called Rapadula)
- oil, for sauteing
- 3/4 lb squid, sliced
- 3/4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 leaves Chinese cabbage, roughly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeds and ribs removed, sliced
- 1 red pepper, seeds and ribs removed, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 1/2 cups scallions, cut in 2-inch slices
- 25 -30 Thai basil
- 1In a blender or food processor, blend red bell pepper chunks and hot chili peppers until it resembles wet relish (1 pepper = mild, 2 – 3 peppers = medium, 4 or more peppers = hot). Set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mix fish sauce and sugar. Set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a wok or large sauté pan and sauté seafood. Drain and set aside. Wipe the pan.
- 4Heat oil in the same pan and sauté Chinese cabbage, carrot and peppers until they are tender but still crisp.
- 5Add the chili pepper mixture and fish sauce mixture.
- 6Add bean sprouts and scallions, return the seafood to the pan, and sauté a little bit longer.
- 7Turn off the heat. Add basil leaves and stir.
- 8Infuse love and serve!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Hot Pepper Stir Fry With Thai Basil (Pudt Prig)
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.6
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 407.5 mg
- Sodium 2606.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 22.7 g
- Protein 38.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: