Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are scrumptious little hors D'oeuvres, they will be a hit at your next get-together.
Make and share this Seafood Hors D'oeuvres recipe from Food.com.
- 6 English muffins (12 halves)
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 jar Kraft Old English cheese spread
- 1 can baby shrimp or 1 can crabmeat
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- Cream butter and cheese together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Drain shrimp or crabmeat.
- Add to mixture.
- Spread on muffins and broil until brown.
- Watch out, they can burn!
my mom made these for a get together..... they were SOOOOOO good.... i could not stop eating them. i think that if/when i make them myself i will do like she did and toast the muffins and use fresh shrimp. i bet that crab will be good too! thanks for posting!
I threw these together at the last minute and got so many compliments. Next time I will toast the English muffins before I put the topping on so they will be crispy. I cut each muffin half into 4 pieces after cooking so they would be more bite size. Great flavor! Very simple!
This is an old recipe we called "crabbies", using good quality canned crab meat....instead of the seasoned salt I use onion powder. Spread all the filling on the English muffin halves, then freeze them on cookie sheets. Once frozen, pop into freezer bags for storage. When ready to cook, cut into 8 little pizza slice shapes, then broil. You'll never know these are made from muffins when cooked this way, they taste like pastry!