1 hr 20 mins
Chef PotPie's Note:
This is a gastronomic delight, very rich, great for wedding receptions or a nice luncheon, and darned fine fare for company. With a nice salad and a buttery Chardonnay, you've really got something here! But beware, it makes a ton, so if you're just fixing it for 4-6, cut the recipe in half. If you do the whole recipe it needs to be cooked in a lasagna dish, something a little bigger and deeper than your traditonal 9X13. I had difficulty getting the rice mix to go through Zaar, but the origional recipe calls for Uncle Ben's white and wild rice blend. Hood River Salad #131450 really sets this off, not because it's my recipe, just because it really works well with this! I hope you enjoy this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes wild rice mix, prepared
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1 lb cooked baby shrimp
- 2 cups grated gruyere cheese (or your favorite white cheese)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup toasted almond, sliced (not slivered)
- 1Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2In butter, saute the onions, bell pepper and celery until tender.
- 3In large bowl, mix cooked rice and the cooked onions, bell pepper and celery.
- 4Mix in grated cheese.
- 5Thoroughly combine soup with half-and-half, and add to the rice mixture.
- 6Now, VERY GENTLY fold in the seafood, so as not to break up the crab meat too much, you want lumps of it in there, so stir as little as possible.
- 7Pour into buttered lasagna pan.
- 8Sprinkle with toasted almond slices.
- 9Bake in 350*F oven 35-40 minutes.
- 10Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Gourmet
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.0
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 1145.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 33.7 g