This soup is cool, refreshing and delicious on a hot summer day. Use vine ripe tomatoes for the best results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and diced
- 2 sweet red peppers, seeded and diced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 5 ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 5 cups tomato juice
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb cooked shrimp or 1 lb crab
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1Combine the bread crumbs and garlic and set aside.
- 2Mix together the cucumber, red peppers, jalapeno peppers, onion, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- 3Pour in the tomato juice and lime juice and stir to combine.
- 4Add the bread crumb mixture and stir in the oil.
- 5Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender and stir it back into the half that is not pureed.
- 6Season with cumin and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Refrigerate until cold.
- 8Just before serving, stir in the crabmeat and avocado.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Gazpacho
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.5
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 88.3 mg
- Sodium 594.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 15.0 g