Recipe by An_Net
I have always relied on fritters to use up any leftover ingredient. This is quick and simple using basic ingredients. Serve with wedges of lemon
Top Review by twissis
We loved these tasty fritters! I made a full recipe using Icelandic baby shrimp only, added a bit of Old Bay Seasoning as I favor using it in shrimp recipes & served them w/Andi of LMFs Recipe #281315. To add some buttery zing & color, DH & I both drizzled a bit of the lemon butter from Andi's potatoes atop our fritters. They were excellent & such a snap to fix! Made for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #13 & thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
- 1 cup chopped fresh seafood (firm white fleshed fish, crab, mussels etc)
- 1 cup small shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into bowl. Add egg and sufficient milk to make a smooth batter.
- Stir fish (or prawns) into batter.
- Lightly oil frypan. Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto hot frypan base and cook over moderate heat until golden.
- Turn and cook other side.