Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have always relied on fritters to use up any leftover ingredient. This is quick and simple using basic ingredients. Serve with wedges of lemon
- 1 cup chopped fresh seafood (firm white fleshed fish, crab, mussels etc)
- 1 cup small shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into bowl. Add egg and sufficient milk to make a smooth batter.
- Stir fish (or prawns) into batter.
- Lightly oil frypan. Pour approximately 1/4 cup batter onto hot frypan base and cook over moderate heat until golden.
- Turn and cook other side.
We loved these tasty fritters! I made a full recipe using Icelandic baby shrimp only, added a bit of Old Bay Seasoning as I favor using it in shrimp recipes & served them w/Andi of LMFs Buttered Potatoes. To add some buttery zing & color, DH & I both drizzled a bit of the lemon butter from Andi's potatoes atop our fritters. They were excellent & such a snap to fix! Made for the Aussie/NZ Recipe Swap #13 & thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)