1/1 Photo of Seafood Fra Diavolo With Pasta
This is a recipe I found on AllRecipes. I've changed it a bit to suit my family's tastes. It is a WONDERFUL sauce that truly enhances the seafood you use in it. I choose to use primarily scallops and calamari rings with a bit of shrimp in it, however, you can probably add any seafood you like to it and still have it come out wonderful! Serve this one up with some fresh bread and you'll be in heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cups tomatoes, diced (can use canned but I prefer fresh!)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste, I do more!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup red wine (DRY!, Cab, Zin or Syrah)
- 3 ounces tomato paste, half can
- 1 lb spaghetti (or linguine)
- 8 ounces bay scallops
- 8 ounces squid rings
- 4 ounces shrimp (peeled and tails removed)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped, to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- 1In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil with the garlic and shallots over medium heat.
- 2When the garlic starts to sizzle, pour in the tomatoes and tomato sauce.
- 3Season with salt and red pepper.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Lower the heat, add the red wine and tomato paste and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 7Cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 8In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat.
- 9Add the shrimp, calamari and scallops.
- 10Cook for about 4 minutes (or until done), stirring frequently, or until the shrimp turn pink.
- 11Add seafood to the tomato mixture, and stir in the parsley.
- 12Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce just begins to bubble.
- 13Serve sauce over pasta.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Fra Diavolo With Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.7
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 126.4 mg
- Sodium 792.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 25.7 g