Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful Medley of seafood in a spicy red sauce that is Elegant enough for company or fast enough for a quick weekday meal. Either way it will impress your company or your family and takes 30 minutes from preparation to table.
- 28 ounces Italian-style diced tomatoes (I use hunts, basil, garlic and oregano italian style diced tomatoes)
- 1 (24 ounce) jarjar of gia russo hot sicilian pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (I use Merlot )
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb fresh cleaned mussels (frozen is ok)
- 16 littleneck clams, cleaned
- 1 lb large fresh cleaned raw shrimp (frozen thawed ok)
- 1 lb cooked linguine or 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh sliced squid (optional)
- In a large high sided skillet over medium high heat, add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, wine, garlic, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper.
- heat until just starting to bubble, add mussels and clams, cook until they start to open.
- Lower temperature to medium and add shrimp and squid, cook 4-5 minutes until shrimp and squid cook,be careful not to over cook shrimp and squid to avoid them becoming chewy and not tender.
- serve over pasta and garnish with cheese or parsley and enjoy.