1/1 Photo of Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo
Chef Petunia's Note:
I found this recipe recently at Taste of Home. I had a few changes that accommodate what I had in my refrigerator and pantry. I made the recipe as written but added some fresh steamed broccoli, half of a red bell pepper and a Hungarian hot pepper. I also used thick spaghetti as that is what I had on hand. If you don't want to use wine, use all chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1/4 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 lb sea scallops, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup additional chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1Cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon oil for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 3In the same skillet, saute shallot in remaining oil until tender. Add.
- 4garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and wine. Bring to a.
- 5boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until most.
- 6of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in cream; cook, uncovered, over.
- 7medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- 8Drain fettuccine; stir into cream sauce. Add shrimp, scallops and.
- 9cheese; toss to coat. Sprinkle with tomato and parsley.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 977.8
- Calories from Fat 615
- Total Fat 68.3 g
- Saturated Fat 34.4 g
- Cholesterol 318.0 mg
- Sodium 1083.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 35.9 g