Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the Shanachie Restaurant & Pub, in Ambler, PA. The chef, Brian Duffy, is well-known, both as a chef and a TV Food Network host ("Date Plate" and "Hot Trends 2005"). This is from his website (http://www.chefduff.com) and is copyrighted ... Copyright 2003, Brian Duffy, All Rights Reserved
- 4 tablespoons blended vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, 1-inch dice
- 1 large red pepper, 1-inch dice
- 1 large green pepper, 1-inch dice
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely diced
- 5 tomatoes, coarsely diced (use Jersey, heirloom, other flavorful tomatoes!)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 lb large crawfish, steamed
- 1 lb mussels, cleaned
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 1 lb andouille sausage
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sauce or 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Then add the onion, peppers, celery, and tomatoes. Saute until they begin to sweat, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and shallots, then all of the seafood and sausage, and stir.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the chili sauce -- stir and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir to make sure all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Serve "family style" in a large bowl.