Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Homestyle Etoufee from a recipe from my cousins wife, a real, native Cajun. She says this is her grandmothers recipe. There is never any left no matter how much I make, and everyone always wants the recipe. Etoufee made easy, keeps several days, and freezes well. That is if you have any left over. Double the amount of seafood for a real feast. Also good with chicken and chicken boullion.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 shrimp bouillon cube
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup
- 1 lb shrimp (crawfish is especially good) or 1 lb variety seafood (crawfish is especially good)
- cooked rice
- Saute Vegetables in butter. Add seasonings and soups. Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add seafood. Either cook briefly, about 5 minutes, after adding the seafood, or simmer a long time until seafood is tender. Serve over rice.
This is delicious! Like another reviewer, I used lobster base, and next time I will add some cayenne. I would definitely serve this over rice. Thanks, Herb Princess! Made for PAC Spring 09.
I thought this was very good. I used crawfish in this. I think next time I make this I will use shrimp and crab. Super easy. I did think that it needed more spice......I like things spicy. I will use cayenne next time. Also, I couldn't find shrimp bouillion so I used lobster stock.....Super easy with lots of flavor.
This is fantastic!Thanks