Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I developed these enchiladas last Cinco de Mayo when I wanted seafood enchiladas, but could not find a recipe I liked. Everyone at the party asked for the recipe. These are not for the diet conscious!
- 2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 long green chili peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 -10 flour tortillas
- Saute onions and green peppers in butter until transparent.
- Add oregano, salt and white pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crab and shrimp.
- Gently fold in 3/4cup sour cream and 1 cup Jack cheese.
- Roll crab mixture in tortillas adding a little extra cheese in each.
- place in 13x9 backing dish.
- In a sauce pan, combine half&half, 1 cup sour cream and melted butter, parsley and garlic salt.
- cook over medium heat until warm and blended.
- DO NOT BOIL.
- Pour over enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining Jack cheese.
- At this point you may refrigerate over night if desired.
- Remove 1/2 hour before baking. Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30 minutes.