Recipe by Haversac
A yummy mix of veggies and seafood blend to create a fairly healthy, delicious meal!
Top Review by Guinea (fowl)Mom
The spinach adds a nice flavor. The Sauce isn't too heavy as most are. I used 2 cloves fresh garlic and added a little fresh cilantro to the spinach mix. Dividing the fillings into 3 parts and laying out 4 shells when adding the "stuffings" made it easier to keep each sort of uniform. I only had flour tortillas so a few days later the leftovers were sort of gummy but the rest was still yummy. If you use flour tortillas keep some of the shell exposed so that during baking they will brown and look nice. Sprinkle w/green onions or avacado for pretty presentation. My mom just called me for the recipe!
- 2 cups fresh spinach or 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 (16 ounce) package imitation crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) brick fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 1 (19 ounce) can enchilada sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute spinach in oil if using fresh, or thaw and drain frozen in a colander if using frozen.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, milk, onion powder and garlic salt. Mix in green chilies and crab flakes.
- Lay tortillas flat, fill with a layer of cream cheese mixture, spinach, and then top with shredded cheese. Roll shut and place in baking dish.
- Freeze, and then thaw for use, or bake fresh at 400* for 25 minutes. Top with enchilada sauce, cook 5 more minutes.