Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
For a nice change from beef and chicken. Use small tortilla and serve as a great appetizer.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated swiss cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 chopped and seeded jalapenos
- 1 lb crabmeat, shrimp or 1 lb crawfish tail, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped scallion
- 16 corn tortillas
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- Melt butter.
- Add flour; whisk, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Sauté vegetables in a separate pan until onions are limp.
- Add stock, seasoning and cream then cook on medium low heat for 15 minutes.
- Fold in roux, mixing thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and stir in Swiss cheese until it melts.
- Filling: Mix cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Assembly: Steam tortillas to soften.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Divide filling onto each tortilla.
- Roll and place in baking dish seam side down.
- Top with sauce and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for about 20 minutes, or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted.
My beaux and I loved this recipe. It wasnt difficult and proved very tasty. I used flour tortillas and they fell apart but the taste was still awesome, just made it harder to get them out of the pan. I used about 1/3 imitation crab and 2/3 real crab and preferred the taste, it lightened it up as its very rich. Was even better the next day for lunch! Enjoy!
Pretty good. I enjoyed the filling. I used a combination of small diced shrimp and immitation crab meat in mine. Fun to make.