It's seafood and it's dinner... fish, shrimp, and scallops simmered in broth that is very tasty!
Make and share this Seafood Dinner recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb scallops (I prefer the small ones)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod (or other mild white fish)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (mild or hot, your choice)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Cut fish into large chunks and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste and brown lightly in oil and butter (about 1 minute per side).
- Remove fish from pan and set aside.
- Add wine (careful to keep wine from direct heat while pouring into pan) and deglaze pan.
- Stir in jar of salsa and chicken broth. Let broth simmer over medium heat until liquid begins to bubble.
- Add scallops and shrimp to broth, stir gently, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut lemon in half, squeeze juice into pan.
- Add fish back to pan and gently stir.
- Replace cover and simmer another 6-7 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls with crunchy bread and enjoy!