Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
This makes a big pot of thick seafood chowder, you almost need a fork to eat it! You can find crab and shrimp combo in the refrigerator section near the seafood - you could sub 1 can crab meat and 1 can baby shrimp if you can't locate the crab/shrimp combo.
Top Review by Deb G
Delicious, easy, hearty, and pretty quick! I used canned crab and shrimp (drained both). I plan to keep these ingredients around as a backup or emergency meal when other plans don't work out. The 1/8 tsp. of cayenne and 1/4 tsp black pepper was perfect for me, but hubs added a little more black pepper. Thanks for posting.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (15 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn, drained (or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1 (7 ounce) package crab, and shrimp combo (see note above)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat saucepan over medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray and saute onions until transparent.
- Add potato, bay leaf, marjoram, cayenne and chicken broth. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and cook until potato is soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Add creamed corn, canned corn, milk and freshly ground pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, heat until hot, not boiling.
- Add red peppers and the package of crab/shrimp, continue stirring until heated through, 2-4 minutes.