1/1 Photo of Seafood Combination
3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This is from the "Cooking Class-Chinese-Cookbook". It's a combination of shrimp, fish and sea scallops. I use catfish fillets. To save time I used precooked shrimp. Prepare Noodles for frying at least 2-3 hours before making meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- fried Chinese noodles (directions included)
- 8 ounces fresh shrimp or 8 ounces thawed frozen shrimp
- 8 ounces fresh fish fillets or 8 ounces thawed frozen fish fillets
- 8 ounces fresh sea scallops or 8 ounces thawed frozen sea scallops, cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 8 green onions with tops
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 stalks celery, diagonally cut into thin slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and cut into halves
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 8 ounces chinese-style thin egg noodles
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Prepare Fried Noodles:.
- 2Cook noodles according to pkg. until tender but still firm, 2-3 minutes; drain. Rinse under cold running water; drain again.
- 3Place several layers of paper towels over jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Spread noodles over paper towels; let dry 2-3 hours.
- 4Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat to 375°F Using slotted spoon or tongs, lower a small portion of noodles into hot oil. Cook noodles until golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- 5Drain noodles on paper towels. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- 6.Peel shells from shrimp; discard shells. Remove veins from shrimp, set shrimp aside.
- 7Remove skin from fish fillets; discard skin.
- 8Cut fillets into 1 1/2 inch pieces; set aside.
- 9Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sherry and bouillon granules in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- 10Diagonally cut green onions into thin slices.
- 11Heat 2 Tb oil in large skillet over high heat. Add green onions, celery, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots; stir fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- 12Heat remaining 2 Tb oil in skillet over high heat. Add shrimp, fish pieces and scallops; stir-fry until all fish turns opaque and is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 13Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Return vegetables to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes. Serve over Fried Noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seafood Combination
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 164.2 mg
- Sodium 1178.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 39.2 g