Prep3 hrs 30 mins
This is from the "Cooking Class-Chinese-Cookbook". It's a combination of shrimp, fish and sea scallops. I use catfish fillets. To save time I used precooked shrimp. Prepare Noodles for frying at least 2-3 hours before making meal.
- fried Chinese noodles (directions included)
- 8 ounces fresh shrimp or 8 ounces thawed frozen shrimp
- 8 ounces fresh fish fillets or 8 ounces thawed frozen fish fillets
- 8 ounces fresh sea scallops or 8 ounces thawed frozen sea scallops, cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 8 green onions with tops
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 stalks celery, diagonally cut into thin slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and cut into halves
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots, drained
- 8 ounces chinese-style thin egg noodles
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Prepare Fried Noodles:.
- Cook noodles according to pkg. until tender but still firm, 2-3 minutes; drain. Rinse under cold running water; drain again.
- Place several layers of paper towels over jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Spread noodles over paper towels; let dry 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat to 375°F Using slotted spoon or tongs, lower a small portion of noodles into hot oil. Cook noodles until golden brown, about 30 seconds.
- Drain noodles on paper towels. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- .Peel shells from shrimp; discard shells. Remove veins from shrimp, set shrimp aside.
- Remove skin from fish fillets; discard skin.
- Cut fillets into 1 1/2 inch pieces; set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, water, soy sauce, sherry and bouillon granules in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Diagonally cut green onions into thin slices.
- Heat 2 Tb oil in large skillet over high heat. Add green onions, celery, water chestnuts and bamboo shoots; stir fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 Tb oil in skillet over high heat. Add shrimp, fish pieces and scallops; stir-fry until all fish turns opaque and is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Return vegetables to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes. Serve over Fried Noodles.